Sunday, November 21, 2010

Designer Spotlight: Evin Robinson




Evin Robinson, a junior communication and rhetorical studies major here at SU, proves that learning can also take place outside of the classroom. Robinson is the founder of InspiRing, a youth empowerment and business venture. He is partnering with Tiffany Bender, a senior communication and rhetorical studies major, to fund the Scholarship Showcase, a $1,000 textbook scholarship that is awarded to five graduating high school seniors from Brooklyn, Queens, Manhattan, and the Bronx.

Check out my exclusive Q&A with Robinson and the video Robinson has created to learn more about InspiRing.

Q: What made you start inspiRing? 
A: I started InspRing with the sole purpose of giving back, and to make my mother proud . What I didn’t initially see was the big impact that InspiRing could have on my community. I live by the quote “I plan to be a product of my environment but a product in which my community will be proud,” and that’s exactly what InspiRing has allowed me to be. InspiRing is all about social change and empowerment for everyone.

Q: What are the materials you use for your rings?
A: InspiRing makes right-handed rings that symbolize female empowerment. Each ring is handcrafted and can be made with 14k gold, gold-filled wire, or sterling silver wire along with a Swarovski crystal or hand blown glass bead. Each ring comes with an inspirational quote.


Q: How many rings have you sold?
A: The rings sell for $25 and InspiRing has sold 426 InspiRing units to date.

Q: Who are you inspired by?
A: I get my aspiration from other social entrepreneurs. My role model is Russell Simmons.

Q: Where do you see the company in five years?
A: In five years, I see InspiRing being one of the top leading empowerment businesses in the world. Our main quote is “Empower yourself by InspiRing others” which means boosting the confidence of others by being role models for change within your respectable community.



1 comment: